Aerial video shooting has emerged as a new trend nowadays so as to create low-altitude images with the help of remote-controlled lightweight helicopter drones. This technology allows people to take stunning aerial shots for real estate videos, action-sports movies etc.
However, in order to successfully take aerial shots with Remote controlled drones, a lot of factors need to be considered. Without taking them into consideration, one can never take that perfect shot which he/she might be expecting. These factors are as follows.
- Weather – This is an extremely important factor. Aerial drone photography should always be done in day time when winds are at a speed that’s less than 10 mph. Early morning conditions are generally the most optimum for this purpose. A sudden gust of wind can result in a shaky and poor video quality.
- Drone – The type of drone that you are planning to use is another crucial factor to consider. Amongst all, quad copters are the least expensive. They are lightweight and therefore lack stability. A hexa copter, on the other hand, can be a great choice for flawless video shooting as it’s a bit heavy and more stable.
- Camera – The camera with the least weight should be used for getting the desired results. High quality, beautiful shots can be captured only by a good DSLR. Hexa copters with a DSLR on-board can fly for only 8-10 minutes due to limitation of batteries. Having extra battery packs is a must so as to film all day.
- Monitor System – A good wireless monitor system helps you to view what the drone captures. This system plays a pivotal role in getting the best shots. Aerial video system must have two monitors i.e. one for each control. Ideal filming situation comprises of 2 drone operators for better functionality.
- Safety – Lastly, safety must also be taken into consideration. There are certain rules which apply with the use of drones and it is mandatory for everybody to follow them. One can’t fly it within 5 miles of an airport, you need to stay in line of sight with the drone and flying it above a crowded place is prohibited.